Wednesday, June 13, 2012

June 12, 2012


          
June 12 today – what a nice day once again! Everything is pretty green around here, and we have had some nice days. A bit windy, but not too bad overall. We are supposed to get rain now in the next day or two.
The boys and I have one bird feeder ready for the auction, and the roof is going on unit number two. If that granddaughter holds off for a day or two, and I have a good day tomorrow, we should get it completed. This round of chemo is making me pretty tired for some reason. I have to have naps to keep up the pace.
We had some old friends stop to see us today, Don and Donna Neises, and their daughter Deanne. I worked on their farm way back in the early 70’s. Don is a saint for putting up with the dumb stuff I did. I got equipment stuck, didn’t know how to run things, and had to be one great farm hand, but Don never raised his voice. He is one of the most patient guys I have ever known. I learned a lot those two summers, and had a lot of fun working on their farm. It was great to see them again.
Margaret and I have been going on some walks and some bike rides. I am getting a little work done in the garage, and working with Tom now to train him a bit in the business of construction. We have a bag ready to go when we get the call that a baby granddaughter is on the way! Sounds like she will enter this world no later than June 18th, Grandpa’s birthday! The 19th is grandma’s (and great grandpa Jim’s) birthday as well, so we have two possibilities for double birthdays there.
I have been hearing the cardinals and seeing them almost daily, many days several times a day. God is good, and His eye is on the sparrow! Take care.  

No comments:

Post a Comment