Monday, June 11, 2012

June 8, 2012

Today was a nice June day. Kind of hot and a bit windy, but for South Dakota - about average. Do any of you remember wooden umbrellas come from knotty pine forests – or Wisdom, Understanding, Counsel, Fortitude, Knowledge, Piety, and Fear of the Lord? I told you there would be a test.

Margaret and I went to the oncologist today to get the info on our next round of chemo treatment and to get evaluated a bit on how I am doing. I believe I passed the test for now. I get to start taking twice the dose of chemo I had taken before, but only for the first five days. I still take the mayo treatment drug every day. We are starting a series of 28 day treatment cycles now. We meet once per 28 days with the oncologist and the research nurse to evaluate the course of treatment and how I am doing. After 6 of these cycles, we may be done with the Temador, but I am not sure on that yet. I am scheduled for an MRI of the brain on July 5th and a meeting with the Dr. Tolentino on July 6th to see what they find. Hopefully they find a brain and not too much more, but time will tell.

We saw Phyllis and her daughter Teresa today. Please say a prayer for Teresa and her family as she gets through her treatments. She is a pretty positive young lady, and she can use our prayers.

I have been feeling pretty good. I have lost some taste for some foods, but I need to drop those twenty pounds anyway.  I sleep really well, and have been gaining some energy this last week. Tonight we went for a walk, and I heard a red cardinal most of the way. We saw him sitting on the upper branches of a tree quite a ways away on the way back home. When I got home, I saw a male cardinal eating at our feeder – I figured that was a hint to sit down and blog a bit. God is telling me that He is there for me and watching everything I am going through. He is always at my side, I just need to look for him.

Make it a great day, and look for God in your life – He is there!

No comments:

Post a Comment