Sunday, May 20, 2012

May 19, 2012

          It is Saturday night, May 19th. I have not been as faithful in my blogging as I had been earlier. It seems I have been busier, the healthier I feel, and more tired during these last few weeks, so I have not spent as much time typing as I perhaps should have. I think we all get busy in our lives sometimes, and tend to spend less time in spiritual thought and on our spiritual selves when we are busy with the things of this world. They are important as well, but we can easily get caught up in spending too much time on the things of this world and letting our spiritual selves grow stagnant. It is important to have a healthy balance in both of these things.

          We need to set aside time each day to make yourself a better person, spiritually, and to spend time with God, thanking Him for the many gifts He gives to all of us, and asking for His guidance in our day to day decisions. It gets easy to say you are too busy and to not spend that time with God.

I know, as I have had that happen to me many times throughout my life. The times spent talking with God are more important to me now, and that is part of why I feel my prognosis is a Gift. It makes you focus on your life after the life we know on this earth. It seems we, as humans, tend to find God when things are not going well, but we tend to forget about Him when things are going well. We need to be mindful of His gifts each day, and to thank Him each day for the many things he gives us.

We had Margaret’s brothers and sisters here this weekend, which was nice. They do not get together as much now, so it is nice when they can all get together for a couple of days to visit again. Margaret’s family lives in four states and my family all live in the same county.

This is the week of Jesus’ Ascension into Heaven. He had to go back to His Father so that his disciples would go out and teach the world about Christianity. If He did not leave this world, they would not get out and spread the good news. He also could then send the Holy Spirit to guide His disciples and to give them the strength and courage they needed to continue building His church here on earth. 

I had a red cardinal taking a bath in the water fall right outside my office window one day this week. I have heard them almost every day, and seen them quite often now as well. God has to let me know He is watching over me each day. Look for Him in everyone you see, and the way you look at them will change. Make it a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment