Sunday, May 6, 2012

May 5, 2012

 
          It is Cinco De Mayo today. For those of you who are not of the Spanish ancestry, that means it is the 5th of May, a day of celebration for our Spanish brothers and sisters. Many non-
Spanish people also celebrate this day.
          We met with Dr. Tolentino on Friday of this week. We also met with the research Nurse Practitioner on the same day. I am now off all radiation and chemo until the week of June 11th. I get to try to wean off of steroids as well. We have to see how that goes, but I hope it goes well. I can take Nexium again for a while as well. I have noticed that I have had a queasy stomach for the last few days, but someone told Margaret that it will take a few days to let the chemo drugs get through my system, and the queasy stomach can be from getting off all of those meds. I took a Zofran today, and that seemed to help somewhat. I noticed that if I eat something, the queasiness goes away for a while.
          It is taking some longer naps to get me through the day, but I can handle that as well. Mark, Sara, and Kolbe are here for the weekend, so we are enjoying their company. We are planning to go down to Omaha for the Memorial Day weekend to enjoy Omaha for a few days. It will be getting harder for Sara to travel as the due date nears for that new granddaughter, so we thought we could bring the party to them for that weekend. Kolbe wants to show grandpa the monkeys at the Omaha Zoo anyway.
          I have put up a new bird feeder in the backyard to attract a variety of new songbirds. Margaret has a pet robin that sits on her rockers on the front deck each morning, poops all over the rockers, then flies into the dining room window repeatedly and gets bird poop all over the glass. I have tried to convince her to get her pet to not do this every morning, but to no avail yet.
          I am hearing the cardinals sing almost daily, but I have not seen one for a few days now. We have been busy with things these past few weeks, and look forward to a quieter time now for a few weeks. I will catch up on some things and get a few projects going and completed. I have blueberries and tomatoes ordered from Gurneys, so we hope to get those this week and get them planted. The rhubarb is going nuts. If anyone wants rhubarb, just stop by and help yourselves to some.
          Have a great week, and I will try to Blog a bit more frequently this next week. God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment