Tuesday, May 8, 2012

May 8, 2012


          I have been feeling pretty good all week. I still get a bit queasy in my stomach, but that is getting better as well. I assume it will take a few days to get completely cleared from all the meds I was taking. I have been sleeping a lot better, which helps with the healing as well. My appetite remains pretty good, which doesn’t help my weight loss plans, but I am trying to deal with that.



          The weather has been pretty cool, but I get in a walk each day and a nap after lunch. Both seem to help. I mowed again today, trying to stay ahead of the grass growing in between rain showers. I have to get out in that garage and get going to finish my tool cabinet project. Once that is done, I can start on some grandchildren projects and a few bird feeders and bird houses.



          I have been getting to Mass each day, and that seems to help keep me on track with my spiritual life. I have had people stop me to say they like to read these blogs. I have backed off writing a bit, partially because I have been tired and partially because I did not have too much new stuff to write about. As I walked along the bike path yesterday, I realized once again what a beautiful place Gold has made for us here in South Dakota.



When I feel more ill, I tend to get a bit too whiny and not want to thank God for all of the gifts He gives to us. I have to remember to offer up these little sufferings I have to go through to Him and let them become an offering back to Him and not a reason for me to whine. As one card we got today said, we have to nail our sufferings to the cross to have the help of Jesus in getting through all of the trials we each face in our life’s journey.



Have a great day, and remember to look for God out there in your neighbor and the world around you. He is right there!

No comments:

Post a Comment