Tuesday, May 22, 2012

May 21, 2012

          Margaret and I went for a walk this morning down along Skunk Creek and the bike trails. The weather was great, and only a slight breeze, so conditions were almost ideal for a nice walk.



As we walked along the creek, I noticed a lot of birds singing their songs, but I also noticed the song of a red cardinal in the background. He was pretty persistent, but by no means the only bird singing as we walked along. That got me thinking about how God tries to talk to each of us each day, but there are so many distractions and other noises that we sometimes do not recognize God’s voice in all the daily “noise” we are in. We need to learn to recognize God’s voice and to listen to what He has to say to us in our day to day lives. That ability to listen to God’s voice takes prayer and time on our parts to learn to recognize God’s voice.



I have been hearing and seeing cardinals almost daily. I hear them singing about every time I get out of the pickup or walk around in the outdoors. Do we have a great influx of cardinals this year, or am I just learning to listen for their song?



Has God just started to speak to me, or has He been around talking to me all the time and I had been too busy and tied up in life to listen for Him. Listen for Him – He is out there and talking to you and me each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment