Thursday, July 12, 2012

July 11, 2012




We started a series of ten radiation treatments this afternoon. These treatments take about the same amount of time as the previous treatments, so not too big of a deal yet. I got a cool new “hockey goalie” mask with blue striping on it. I had told the ladies when they formed the mask to my face that I wanted royal blue to match O’Gorman’s school colors. They only have white, but one of the gals painted some blue stripes on the mask for me. I will have to see if I can get an O’Gorman Knight logo for my new set-up.

After the radiation, I see Dr. Tolentino on August 2nd for a follow up appointment to discuss our treatment plan, some blood work, and a treatment of a chemo called avastin. I get to do all the fun stuff.

Margaret and I had a nice bike ride this morning. She challenged some geese along the bike trail, but they only hissed at her. We rode about 7 ½ miles today. We try to get 10 miles in, but time had us limited today. It was a beautiful cool morning to ride. I sat on the back patio to read some scripture this morning after the bike ride, and a male red cardinal landed on the chair 20 feet from where I sat. He popped up into tree and sang to me for a while. He was once again my little sign that God knows I am here and what I am going through.

We all need to pray for some rain. Get out there and look for God in nature and in your fellow man. You probably won’t see any sort of vision or apparition, but God is everywhere if you look for him. He had a hand in all of the beautiful flowers we have, the wonderful trees, and the blue skies. He could have made everything black and white with some gray, but He knew you and I would like to see the colors He made for us. Enjoy the day, and thank God for every day that you have.

No comments:

Post a Comment