Friday, July 20, 2012

July 20, 2012


Yesterday was our 32nd wedding anniversary. Those thirty two years have gone by quite quickly. I thought I would jot down a few notes about memories over those years.

·        I met Margaret at a street dance in Humboldt – introduced by Doug and Peggy Fischer

·        Beautiful bride in her wedding gown at St. Mary’s Church

·        Built our first house in Humboldt

·        Uncle Francis helping on that house and me jokingly telling him we would have babies until there was a babies face in each of the eight window panes on the west side of that house

·        Matt’s birth on July 4th, 1981 – I thought he might have something wrong with him because of his red face and he was sticking his tongue out a lot (new dad, I guess)

·        Matt and Mark running down the jogged hallway in that house in Humboldt in their feet pajamas

·        Mark pulling Tom’s baptismal cake off the counter onto the floor

·        Tommy riding with me on my briefcase in the front seat of the pickup as we rode out to do job estimates – now I ride out with him, but he doesn’t let me sit on his briefcase

·        Johnny’s birth – we got to stay in one room for the whole process

·        I got to stay home with Johnny for several weeks after Margaret’s maternity leave was used up until Christmas break came around – we bonded

·        Lots of T-ball games, softball games, Y-basketball games, soccer games, and football games.

·        Camping in the fifth wheel

·        Family vacation to a cabin on Lake Five – A Cabin in the Black Hills – Family picnics

·        Baptisms, Confirmations, and even a son’s wedding in there

·        Grandchildren

·        Margaret got her baby granddaughter at last – a little girl in this family!

·        New Job as a Fire Fighter

·        Three new houses in 32 years

·        Lots of Love

·        Lots of God’s Blessings

·        Wouldn’t change a thing

·        Thanks to the kids for all your love

·        Thanks to Margaret for all of her love and support

·        Thanks to God for letting me meet and marry Margaret

No comments:

Post a Comment