Saturday, July 7, 2012

July 6th

Today we met with Dr. Tolentino to go over the MRI results. I have a small 5 mm lesion just outside the area of the first tumor and deeper in the brain closer to the brain stem. The good news is that it is a very small tumor, the bad news is that it is a tumor. The chemo treatment will be changed once I get a bit more radiation to spot treat that little tumor. My chemo now sounds like it will be infusion instead of oral meds.

Margaret did not take the news well. I told her the good news is that it is a small growth, and we have to remember, this is an aggressive brain cancer that will grow – there is no cure for it, only treatment. This is all in God’s plan, we just have to hang on and ride along.

I am now bumped out of the Mayo study, as any tumor growth takes you out of the study. I may have been on the placebo anyway, as the tumor did grow while on the chemo. The good news there is I can take Nexium again for acid reflux. At least I can be comfortable while we switch things around.
I am at peace with this – I trust in God. This is what I kind of expected when they told me what I have. It will be a roller coaster ride for my remaining time on earth. Right now, I feel good, and things are going well. We have to enjoy each day, and take them one at a time. I still have a few projects in me, and we have plenty of time to get at them for now.

We rode for ten miles on our bikes this morning, and the cardinals were singing all the way. Life is good, so enjoy it. Remember, this is not a dress rehearsal, it is the real thing! Get out there and enjoy it, thanking God or each day! God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment