Monday, April 30, 2012

April 30, 2012


          It is Monday morning, with radiation today and a meeting with Dr. Schneekloth. Then we have our last radiation treatment tomorrow and a meeting with the research nurse practitioner. We meet with Dr. Tolentino, the oncologist, on Friday to see how things are going and how long I am on a break from chemo. I am supposed to get a 28 to 42 day rest period with no chemo or radiation. Then, I go on only chemo from here on out.

          I have been feeling pretty good – a lot more tired, and still have acid reflux issues, but otherwise pretty good.

          We had Doug and Peg over on Saturday for a visit and lunch at the Diner downtown. We went to Mass at 04:00 PM on Saturday night, and then Margaret and I went up to Dell Rapids for a family rosary and short visit at my sister’s house. 

          On Sunday I built some rabbit proof fencing for around our small garden. I will need to get some tomatoes planted and try some blueberry bushes once again. I planted three bushes a couple of years ago, but the rabbits kept the new bushes ate off so they never took off. The blueberry bushes are supposed to make a nice flowering bush as well as provide us with a few blueberries. We will see how that all goes. The asparagrus is going well now after a couple of years. We have more rhubarb than we can use. Let us know if you want rhubarb, or just stop over and help yourselves. It grows like weeds, and we can’t keep ahead of it.

I have been fairly busy during the days, and kind of tired, so the blogs have suffered a bit. I see and hear the red cardinals almost every day, so I have not stopped paying attention to God’s messages, just haven’t been sharing them with you. We went to the school Mass at St. Michael last Friday, and had a nice service there. On Saturday at Mass, I was a Eucharistic Minister, which went well. I always worry a bit about how that will go, but the Good Lord was with me once again and things went well.

Have a Blessed week, and look for God in other people and the world around you. He is everywhere, and usually at work in your life, you just have to notice Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment