Wednesday, April 11, 2012

April 10, 2012



We had a pretty busy day once again. After the morning radiation, we met with a research person for the Mayo Study drug info, then with a radiation doctor to look me over and visit about any concerns.  
The issue now is that I have been on Nexium for acid reflux for probably the past fifteen years. It has always worked well, no problems. Of course, the Nexium has to interfere with the chemo drugs, so I am told to stop taking Nexium, which I have. Now I get to battle acid reflux with Tums and Maalox. I don’t like this, but I did concede and agree to not take the Nexium for the next 15 days. After that I get a break of 28 to 42 days without any radiation or chemo. During that rest time, I can get back on the Nexium, and perhaps life will appear normal for a while. For now, I crunch on Tums like M&Ms. My loving wife tells me I could try to eat right as well, which I suppose is an option…….
We drove up to a track meet in Madison later in the day. It was a pretty cold event, compared to what we have become used to.
I was having one of those days feeling like I am tired of being sick. I suppose I can have those, but they just make me feel sorry for myself. I am tired of taking medicine – I have to now take medicine for thrush because of being on the steroids. You end up taking medicine to counteract the medicine you are taking, and the medicine that does work for me I can’t take because it fights the medicine that is supposed to be helping me. It all gets confusing and frustrating at times. After a few sniffles, I got over it. A lot of people have it worse off than me.
My touched by God came to me during a short nap yesterday. I was thinking about my sister, Connie, and shed a few tears because I do miss her, and soon I will get to communicate with her in a way I have never been able to. I know she is pulling for me as well. I look forward to being with her in Heaven. But first, I have more work to do here…………  Make it a good day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment