Saturday, April 21, 2012

April 21, 2012

       We had a nice day today. Kolbe and I went to run a few errands with my brother, John today.
At one stop, Kolbe and I waited in the truck while John met with some people. The birds were singing away in that area of town. I opened the window where Kolbe was sitting and told him to listen to the birds sing. His eyes got pretty big, as he doesn’t miss much when it comes to music and sounds. He really liked to hear the birds singing, and the cardinals were about the loudest of the bunch.
Margaret, the boys, and I cleaned out a storage room today. This was a room that has had stuff sitting on shelves for close to twenty years now, some things much older than that. We had a few good laughs at some of the things we had saved. Some of the stuff will get junked, some goes to the rummage for St. Michael’s youth group, and some will get put back onto the shelves.
We all went to Mass at St. Katherine Drexel’s tonight at 05:00 pm. It was one of their First Communion Masses, and was a pretty special event. We thoroughly enjoyed the entire ceremony. The First Communicants looked so nice in their suits and nice white dresses. It was a special day for all of them and their families. Father Joe did a nice job with the whole Mass, homily, and entire ceremony. 
I was touched by God with my grandson, Kolbe, several times today. I was also moved by the Spirit several times at the Mass tonight. It was truly a special day. Have a great Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment