Saturday, April 21, 2012

April 20, 2012


This morning there was a First Communion School Mass at St. Michael. My sister and I went to this Mass prior to her taking me to radiation today. I have always enjoyed the children’s Masses at St. Michael – there is always a special sense of the presence of the Lord at these Masses. Today was no different. I got choked up at the entrance hymn of The Table of Plenty. I always get a little catch in my throat at “God will provide for all that you need here at the table of plenty.”
He truly does provide for all that we need, and this song hits it right on the head for me. The sight of the second graders in their First Communion finest dresses and suits was moving to me as well, as I thought of what a special day this is for each of them.
Father Dan did a nice job with his homily, explaining how the bread and wine can become the Body and Blood of Christ through the power and grace Jesus. I thought he hit it right on the head for the second graders, and for all of us.
We had a great day, last radiation for this week – seven to go and done. Not that I don’t love having my swollen head strapped down on a table and being radiated, but it will be nice to be done with this part of the journey. The radiation techs are really nice, and I will miss them, but not the treatments.
I had lunch with a good friend today, and had a nice afternoon of a nap and a few tasks completed. It is hard to beat a day like this!
Mark, Sara, and Kolbe are here for the weekend now as well, so fun will be had by all of us. Kolbe is quite the card, and loves to dance and put on a show for all of us. He is a busy little guy.
My touched by God moments today were several times at Mass this morning. Make it a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment