Wednesday, April 4, 2012

April 3, 2012

 
It was a bit cooler today, but more seasonable weather and still pretty nice. We had round ten of thirty radiation treatments completed. Those treatments for me are a snap; literally, they snap the hockey goalie face piece down on the table, holding my Charlie Brown round red faced head to the table for the radiation treatment. I am pretty lucky, able to get onto and off of the table myself – do not have to disrobe – only my gray round red faced head. The whole process from start to finish is less than fifteen minutes. The techs are really nice as well.

I get pretty close to God each of these treatments, especially this week. I think about how Jesus was betrayed by one of His own Apostles, rejected by His own people and condemned to be beaten and crucified for all sins, mine included. He went through all of that without any friends standing by Him. They all abandoned him at the last. I have friends, your prayers, and an incredible family support system. So, the buzzing machines do not get to me, as I know what He did for me.

Father Dave Desmond had a nice Mass of Healing out at St. George Catholic Church in Hartford last night. We all received the Anointing of the Sick during Mass. A very beautiful church, if you have not had the opportunity to visit them out there. We then met with a group of cancer survivors from the Hartford area, with my classmate, Cheryl Prunty presiding. It was nice to visit with those folks – I went to high school with some of them, and have known many of them for years. Great, salt of the earth, people.

My touched by God moments yesterday were at radiation and then again at the Mass of Healing in Hartford. Make it a great and Blessed Holy Week!

No comments:

Post a Comment