Thursday, April 5, 2012

April 4, 2012



We did radiation session number 11 of 30 today. Had a blood draw and met with the Research Nurse. Blood levels are doing well yet, although dropping in some areas. I feel pretty good. The steroids levels are at half what I was now, so I have been able to sleep almost normally for about 5 hours. That feels a lot better as well. Next week, if the Oncologist agrees, we will drop those steroids to even half of what I am on now. I might lose my Charlie Brown big round face (or not) and my veracious appetite.
We got a few errands done, then had a few meetings with folks after lunch. A pretty busy day- I didn’t know being fully retired could be so busy! We went to Adoration later yesterday and had some nice quiet time with Christ in the Chapel. There was one red cardinal singing away just outside the window of the chapel while we were there. God is good!
We got to get together with Doug and Peg for dinner and had a nice visit as well. We used to always say we were going to get together at least once per month, and did not do that for years. We are getting better about it now. The four of us used to do a lot of stuff together in our youth, and it is good to get together to reminisce and to celebrate where we are today.
My God moments today were with old friends and in the chapel. Have a great Holy Week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment