Saturday, April 7, 2012

Good Friday, 2012

It is Good Friday today. We went to the Living Stations of the Cross at St. Michael at 12:15 PM today. This has got to be the best performance I can remember. It was really well done, and the kids did a nice job. I was very moved by the production, and the reverence of the entire event. Sitting there during the Veneration of The Cross was very moving for me. I was filled with an awesome thankfulness to Jesus Christ for all he went through and suffered for each of us during His Passion and His death.

He had been abandoned by all those He loved during His trial and death, except for His mother and the one beloved disciple. To feel utterly alone and to be so focused on doing the God’s will is beyond what any of us can comprehend. Jesus did all of that so that you and I can conquer death and have eternal life with Him in heaven. And all of that is in spite of the way we treat each other and Jesus while we are on this earth. He loves us and will forgive us if we but ask.

Tonight, my grandson and his parents are with us for Easter, so we get to have a pretty fun filled weekend of coloring Easter eggs and playing with Kolbe – and there might be one family gathering in there as well on Sunday. My touched by God moment today is definitely at the Living Stations of the Cross. Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment