Sunday, April 1, 2012

March 31, 2012



We had another good day. I spent a lot of the morning in the garage cleaning out cabinets and moving tools into cupboards and drawers. I cleaned out all of those drawers I had full of junk for years. I kept every odd screw I ever ran across – will never use them, so now the trash can is a bit heavier even though I still kept a lot of fasteners. I had to move all of the tools I had in my pickup into the cabinets and drawers. It is now done, and I can start on a few projects. My garage stall actually makes a nice little wood shop.

I have a couple of items on Craigslist and E-Bay, but no solid hits yet. Lots of garbage e-mails from Craigslist – I am rather disappointed in that. I have used that resource in the past, and have sold several things. This time I got a lot of scam offers – “I am on a submarine but I want to buy the item for an uncle - send money to a shipper and I will put extra money in your account etc.” Oh well, time will tell.

Margaret got to spend some time with friends a long overdue lunch. It is nice for her to get away, and it gives me time to tinker a bit.

We went for a long walk down around Dunham Park tonight. It was a gorgeous evening. We heard lots of birds - among them was a persistent cardinal on the way back up the hill. We got to Skype with our oldest grandson tonight as well. He is a busy little guy. He got to go to the Omaha Zoo today with mom and dad, so he was a bit tired when we visited. He still shows a little bit of an ornery streak, which may have originated in the Humboldt area somewhere…… He likes to have his way – brings back memories of his father.

My touched by God moments today were the morning Mass, the walk with Margaret, and Kolbe. Thank you, God for another day in the sun!

No comments:

Post a Comment