Wednesday, April 25, 2012

April 24, 2012


It was a beautiful day today. Nice sunshine and a warm day. It sounds like we get one more day like that, then cooler with rain.

We have five more treatments of radiation, then a break from chemo and radiation for 28 to 42 days. I look forward to that time. I am down to one MG of steroid per day now, and no sleeping pill last night – went pretty well. I hope to wean off some of the drugs as I can.

          The paper work is processing that allows me to drive again now, so that is good as well. I am sure that Margaret looks forward to that. No more passenger seat directions for her to put up with. She can guide me now once again.

          I am more tired now, which they told us would happen towards the end of the radiation treatments. It takes a longer nap to get refreshed each day. I am trying to exercise more and drop some weight so I feel a bit better. I picked up about 16 pounds since I got this prognosis, and I need to be able to move and feel a bit better. So, I am trying to eat more wisely and to exercise a bit more. The radiation mask is a snug fit to say the least. I told them they may need some washers to make this work, but now I am down a couple of pounds, so we hope we are going in the right direction. Where I used to have several chins, I now have one large chunk of chin. When you tie your shoes and need to catch your breath, you probably need to drop a few pounds. The joys of chemo, steroids, and unchained eating…………….

          I saw a red cardinal yesterday morning sitting in a bush while I was doing my exercise, so I know that God is still out there watching and guiding me each day. Have a good day, and enjoy the sunshine!

No comments:

Post a Comment