Monday, March 5, 2012

How Did You See God Today


Each day God surrounds us with his beauty and his love. I have always seen God in nature, in a person’s smile, in a sleeping baby’s little grins, in beautiful flowers, puffy white clouds, blue skies, a pretty little song bird, red cardinals (one of my favorite birds) and in kind acts from strangers. This section is going to be my attempt to tell you where I saw God today. I might miss him some days, although I know he is always there. We just get too busy with our lives to look some days. I will do my best.
There is a great book called One Incredible Moment celebrating the majesty of the Manger written by Max Lucado. I love what Max writes. He is so easy for me to read and puts God’s messages and plans in words that just feel good for me. During Advent, get this book and read a page or two each day. A great reflection to get us ready for the celebration of the Birth of Christ. There is on page 35, a chapter called Simeon: Wide-eyed and Watching. Simeon was one of the priests in the temple. He had been granted a vision where he was told he would not die until he saw the Messiah. Can you imagine spending every day after that looking, I  mean really looking into the face of every person you met. He did not know what Jesus would look like, so he looked at everyone as if they could be Jesus. How would that change our lives? Get the book and enjoy it.
Sunday, March 4, 2012: Today I was sitting in my nice arm chair resting a bit – the surgery has still left me tiring easily. I laid back in the chair and closed my eyes. So peaceful. The weather had been sort of blustery and cloudy, but for a brief moment, one of those South Dakota beams of sunshine shone through the window and fell across the back of the chair and my shoulders. I felt the warmth and smiled because I knew God had just touched me. 

1 comment:

  1. Jim -
    Thanks for sharing all of the story. Your strength and faith remind us what really is important in life.
    "Big Jim" has always been fitting, but never so true as it is today.

    ReplyDelete