Tuesday, March 13, 2012

March 12, 2012 – How Did You See God Today?


On Sunday afternoon, as you may have read in the Grandchildren blog, I was touched by God’s love holding little Kolbe while he slept.

Earlier that day I had also been lying on the bed trying to catch a little nap. When I can’t quite doze off, I rely on the Rosary and Mother Mary to bring me peace. I was through about the second decade, and the cardinal started singing outside my bedroom window quite excitedly.

Today, I was sweeping the garage a bit and they were singing away across the street.

At the Avera Cancer Center, I had an appointment to get fitted with a head gear today. In the waiting room prior to my going in to my appointment, I had the opportunity to visit with a couple of folks going through similar experiences to mine. One gentleman was in town for 10 days to have radiation on a tumor in his neck – Grade 4 cancer. His started in his rectum, that area was taken care of, then it moved into his lungs, he is on oxygen now and in a wheelchair, now he has a lump in his neck they are working on. Another fellow has the same type of cancer I have, but his tumor is the size of a pear – he didn’t like to go to doctors, so the tumor got a good start on him – he too is in a wheelchair now. I have it pretty darn easy the way I see it. I will pray for these folks and all who are suffering from disease and illness tonight. Each of these folks believes in the power of prayer and has amazing faith in God’s plans for them. We have to learn to let go of the wheel and just ride along. God has it handled.

No comments:

Post a Comment