Sunday, March 18, 2012

March 17, 2012 – How Did You See God Today?

Happy Saint Patrick’s Day to all the Callaghans and Olearys on Margaret’s side of the family! I was Blessed to marry a lady who is Half Irish with a 50% mix of German as well. She, unfortunately married 100% Luxembourger, which is right up against Germany. I always told her that my ancestry gave us the calm and sensible part of our relationship, while she can tend to be a bit stubborn – or was that flipped around??????
Anyway, what a day again - great day for a parade and the festivities. We stayed at home - kind of low key, but what a nice day. We got to go to Mass at St. Michael at 04:00 PM. Nice service – it is amazing how the Mass hits you when you focus. I spent a lot of years worrying about a lot of other stuff rather than listening to what was going on – we all do that – we are human. Now, for some reason, I am much more focused on the entire Mass. It is incredible! God is right there!
A very nice Irish lady made us a wonderful Irish dinner of corned beef, cabbage, potatoes, carrots, and Irish Soda Bread. It was great. The boys nearly got all the beef cleaned up. We will need the recipe for that meal. Thanks, Jean. A very caring touch by God.
We had several good friends from Aberdeen at the house today. Katie brought me a special Crucifix that has been with her a long time and it will mean a lot to me. I cannot believe her generosity. Thank you for friends like that, God.
And the final touch today was my second friend from Aberdeen, Becca. She came to see us and climbed up in my chair to sit by me and read me a story about when Dinosaurs Get Sick. She did a great job, and I enjoyed every word. She is a great reader! Thank you for that little touch as well, God.

No comments:

Post a Comment