Tuesday, March 6, 2012

How Did You See God Today?

Monday, March 5, 2012: I got to see him twice today. Last night during the night, I woke up and was meandering through the house. I saw a beautiful moon through the upper living room window – it was shining back down on us through the wintery tree branches - kind of cold looking, but oh so beautiful. Then at Mass today, I was so tired and kind of sweaty. I had to sit more than I wanted to, but I closed my eyes and had some rest. I prayed for some strength to get through the Mass and I felt a wave of warmth and strength flow through me. It is not about me, it is about giving the glory to God. He is out there for us, and He loves each of us! 

2 comments:

  1. Dear Jim - thanks so much for sharing your heart, thoughts and faith journey in this way. Am blessed to know you & pray with and for you. Laura Aasen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jim, maybe it's because I haven't felt that great this four day but I have found myself pondering your journey and shedding many tears, something I don't often do. From a sons perspective I went through this journey with my own father not so very long ago. My heart breaks for you and your family and the road you find yourselves on. Tonight I'm halfway smirking about how odd it must look to someone who is not a Christian to watch someone who is a Christian face death. We are told that; ...faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen. Jim I always looked at you as an oak of the faith, utterly immovable. I cherished the conversations we had around the table at the station in the morning. I was always impressed with your outward expression of faith without being in your face to those who didn't share your convictions. I have an immense amount of respect and admiration for you and even more so now after reading your perspective on this. I pray that your faith will continue to carry you and your family through this and I know it will. Even though the journey will be difficult, through the power of Christ you will be able to say; O death, where is your victory? O death, where is your sting? And when you hear; Well done, good and faithful servant...you will be able to enter into the joy of your master and life eternal. Thank-you for all you have taught me and continue to teach. AA

    ReplyDelete