Friday, March 23, 2012

March 22, 2012 Inner Healing

We are getting into the routine at the Avera Prairie Center. Pretty quick and smooth. As I was walking down the long hallway to the radiation room, the movie “Green Mile” came to mind. I told the radiation tech that it would probably be inappropriate to say, “Walkin the mile, walkin the mile.” as we strolled along. There’s that twisted sense of humor in me.
That treatment is quick, painless, and easy. We were in and out of there in under a half hour. We sat by the fireplace for a few minutes and got to visit with a retired fire fighter from Mitchell. We went to St. Joseph Cathedral for noon Mass. What a beautiful facility. I was wondering, as I looked things over, if I will get to see some of the great architecture of the world once I am in heaven. I would love to visit some of those old cathedrals and buildings and to see them being built. How about watching the building of one of the great pyramids? I don’t know if we get to do stuff like that, or if we will care to see it, but sounds kind of cool to me now.
After I had received the Blessed Eucharist, as I meditated on the incredible gift that we receive at every Mass, I felt a warmth flow through me as God’s Grace poured into my cells. I thought to myself, “This is the true healing that we all need.” God’s grace does far more for all of us than anything we can do for ourselves, and He offers it to us freely and daily! Deacon John once told us that when we eat anything at all, it takes about 18 minutes for that food to become a part of almost every cell in your body through the digestive process. Now I do not know if that time and info is exact, but think about that. Jesus Christ himself permeating every cell of your body within 18 minutes of receiving the Body of Christ. And sadly, and I have done this too - long ago, many of us are getting out the church door and onto whatever else we have to do right after communion. We do not even take the time to kneel and think about this gift and realize what is being done for us! We need to take the time to be thankful and praise God for this incredible saving gift.
We had several friends stop today – always good to see them. A great meal brought over by some close friends – I will never be able to thank them enough for all they have and continue to do for our family and for me. I received a nice hand-knit prayer shawl – I like naps, prayer, and blankets.
In the evening, as I sat in the chair for a bit, the birds were singing away again. We had a nice rain earlier – we need the moisture badly – things will green up now even faster! I heard that red cardinal singing, and finally had to go out to see him. I even showed him to Margaret. A beautiful red male singing away in the neighbor’s tree top.
Got some sad news from our best friends – we will pray for them and for their family too. Know that we are praying for you and your families every day as well. Thank you for all of your thoughts, prayers, wishes, gifts, meals, etc. You cannot begin to know the grace, peace, and humility it brings to our family. We could not do this without you guys. Make it a great day and have a great weekend. Look for God, He’s right out there!
Great family weekend coming up again. God is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment