Monday, March 5, 2012

Lenten Goals 2012


As this year’s Lenten season approached, before we received news of this Gift, I had prayed about what I wanted to do for Lent this season. Each Lenten Season, we Catholics like to do something extra to help us remember the Passion and Death of Our Lord Jesus Christ as Easter approaches. We try to give something up, and I have always tried to also do something extra – more prayer, help others, etc. We are instructed to try and do these little penances and fastings in a quiet and prayerful way. By giving up a treat we like, we are reminded about giving up some of the sins we commonly commit against God. It is a way to toughen us up for the big game.
This year I had three Lenten Goals – 1) Be kind to a stranger each day 2) Be less judgmental of others (a tough one for me) and 3) Try to be at a weight of 190 pounds when I hold our new baby granddaughter due on June 10th. Pretty simple stuff and it has been going well. The weight goal may become a problem if people keep bringing us all this food and treats, which are great, by the way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment