Thursday, March 22, 2012

March 21, 2012 Treatment Begins



We got to start the radiation and chemo treatments today. The facility and personnel at the Avera Prairie Center are outstanding. We had lab work, visits with Nurse Practitioners, set up and received the first radiation treatment, and then got some medicine to take. It takes a log book to track the meds – my gosh. I am glad Margaret is on top of that stuff. I am used to just taking pills, so not a huge deal there, and thank God all of my chemo is in pill form. But the amount and when are now important too. We will settle into a routine for sure.

I feel pretty good – early on yet though. I survived that radiation zapping today, and now it will be just a few minutes each weekday for 6 weeks. Then we are on a break for about a month to recover from that. I believe I am on chemo only after that.

It was a beautiful day, and we got some errands completed. We survived the day and made it to Adoration for at least part of our one hour commitment. That is always a calming time. If you do not do Adoration weekly, try it, it will change your life for the better. Just to sit or kneel in the presence of Jesus Christ is so calming. A good time to read up on something spiritual or the Bible – God will ask you if you have read His Book someday, you know. I have to work on completing that yet.

My friend Marty and his wife stopped by with some homemade ice cream tonight – really good stuff. I had always told Margaret that I did not want to be lying in bed dying wishing I had eaten more ice cream. I just tell people I look puffy because of the steroids now.

Earlier I had a cousin stop to drop off a gift and visit as well. We had a nice visit about our Faith and how God touches our lives each day.

I would have to say I saw God today in a Prayer Shawl, Homemade Ice Cream, and I certainly felt His presence in the Adoration Chapel. Oh, and the birds were singing like mad all day long. Make it a Great God-Filled Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment