Wednesday, March 28, 2012

March 27, 2012



Another great day to be alive. A bit windy, but hey, we live in South Dakota. We had a good day – radiation, Mass, lunch at the Falls Park Café, and a nice little walk. Got a few errands done as well.
I have been blessed to date with feeling good. I have been dwelling a bit on how this disease will progress and affect my abilities to function. I am concerned about becoming a burden to people and being bound in a wheelchair. I realized at Mass today that I really cannot do much about those things anyway, and if Jesus could carry a cross, suffer, and die for me, I should be able to sit in a wheelchair for a short time and do what I need to do. Also, my little sister did it for her entire life without a complaint, so I need to buck up. I decided to take it as it comes, and accept whatever my journey becomes as a part of God’s plan for me.
Tonight as I was grilling on the deck, the red cardinal was sitting in the neighbor’s tree singing away for me. Mass at St. Joseph Cathedral was especially nice today for me as well. Thank you God, for another beautiful day on this beautiful earth. Do you ever realize that he could have made everything gray, and we wouldn’t have known the difference? God colored this world for you and I to enjoy, so get out and enjoy these great spring days! God Bless.  

No comments:

Post a Comment