Saturday, March 10, 2012

March 9, 2012 – How Did You See God Today?

No red cardinals today – I suppose God wants to make me look a little harder for his presence in other places as well.
I was in Hy-Vee today picking up some prescriptions – I will be a frequent flier by the time I get done buying scripts at Hy-Vee! Anyway, they were very busy, so I sat and watched people. A mother with three small children came up to pick up her scripts. She had a little blonde girl in the grocery cart – I suppose about 14 months old. The little toddler would look at me, then look away, then look back and grin. If that wasn’t God’s smile, I don’t know where to look for Him.
We had a great day – a couple of appointments taken care of – plotting the course – getting things in order. We attended The Stations Of The Cross at St. Michael Church with several family members.  Many of the family members stopped over after the service for cheese pizza, some sweets, and much fellowship. It was a very nice night – lots of comfort food, stories, and a shared love that helps to make all of this worthwhile. Thank you, Jarding Family.

1 comment:

  1. Jim, I have so enjoyed hearing about your red cardinals. I too have a love of birds and have always connected them to God's presence, as they are messengers of God. This week while driving to Luverne I saw an eagle and yesterday I saw 2 beautiful hawks along the highway coming back from Pipestone. But, closer to home, I also have 2 cardinals that often visit my yard. I now lift you up in prayer when God's beautiful birds come to me.
    P.S. I heard a cardinal singing this morning, smiled and said a prayer for you. The cardinal sang back to me after the prayer.

    ReplyDelete