Sunday, March 11, 2012

March 10, 2012 – How Did You See God Today?

What a gorgeous day! You could see God in the blue skies and the warm sunshine!
          We went to Mass at 8:15 at St. Michael’s Chapel - Always a nice service. After the Mass, Ed invited me to come down to a bi-monthly meeting of a men’s prayer group. I said I would, and had a nice visit, some good discussion, and some prayer with this great group of guys. That’s a tap on the shoulder from God!
          We went to Mass at 4:00 PM at St Michael this afternoon – full house – great Homily, and a nice service. At the time we said the Lamb of God prayer, I was just filled with a sense of gratitude for Jesus coming down to earth and taking on the form of a man. He spent time with us giving us the Word of God, teaching us to love one another, and healing and helping all that He met. Then, these same people He came to save (we would have probably done the same to Him if He came to us now – we are all guilty of hurting Him from time to time), beat him, mocked Him, and crucified Him. He did all of that for each of us. Not me, not you, but all of us. I got a little teary at that thought. A little tap.
          I saw my favorite teacher in all of my years of school at Mass – Mrs. McFarland. She stopped to shake my hand on the way by, and we shared some nice hugs after Mass. I still have a monkey made out of a coconut that she gave me about 45 years ago. She was and still is the best! A third tap. Thank you, God for all you do!

1 comment:

  1. She is my favorite teacher too. I have my coconut monkey and a rosary too. I had perfect attendance that year. First time ever. In first grade, I got the measles, in second grade chicken pox, and in third grade the mumps. Thanks goodness there were no more childhood diseases to get for 4th grade. If you see her again, please give her a hug for me too.

    Great memories! Twelve years of school together! Now we are both stage 4. Not something I ever thought I'd be sharing with you.

    Keep living and loving! Miracles happen every day. I'm praying for yours.

    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete